DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL , MINIMAL ACCESS AND BARIATRIC SURGERY
- Surgical Intensive and critical care units ( 40 beds) with modern monitoring and supportive facilities to take care of complicated surgical and trauma patients .
- Modern surgical operations theatres with facilities for major open and minimal access operations.
- Comprehensive general surgical service with three units for integrated all round surgical care backed by dedicated anesthesiology and critical care terms.
- Head and neck surgery including thyroid, parotid, neck nodes.
- Integrated breast care programmes – screening/clinical assessment/FNAC,receptor assay/mammography. Surgical option for conventional mastectomy/breast reconstruction/breast conservative surgery/oncoplastic breast surgery/medical and radiation oncology bacrking.
- Major gastrointestinal surgeries both open and laparoscopic .
- Pile management – Infra red coagulation / banding/stapler haemorrhoidectomy/conventional surgery, fistula and fissure management, management of rectal prolapse /laparoscopic /open rectopexy and perineal operations.
- Pilonodal sinus management – multiple Z-plasty
- Comprehensive diabetic foot management medical /surgical /reconstructive/rehabilitative
- Varicose vein management
- Hernia management by open and laparoscopic surgery.
- Basic and advanced laparoscopic procedures for appendicitis, gall stones, hiatus hernia, morbid obesity, rectal prolapse, gastro intestinal malignancies.
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy in collaboration with gastroenterology department for gastrointestinal bleeding
- Well trained staff nurses and technicians to take care of surgical patients in OT, ICU rooms and wards.
- Out patient services offered by experienced consultants assisted by qualified assistants.
- Emergency services 24 hrs 7 x 365 days.
DIVISION OF BARIATRIC AND METABOLIC SURGERY
This recently added division caters to both minimal obese and metabolic obese patients
we provided in collaboration with multiple other department services including,
- Obesity clinic (Tue 2.00 pm onwards)
- Dietary support
- Exercise advice
- Cosmetic surgery
- Bariatric surgery including Lap sleeve gastrectomy, Bariatric bypass, Lap gastric banding
- Dedicated surgical and anesthesia team for morbidly obese patient
- Operation theatres which are well-equipped with the most modern and specialised equipments relevant for the types of surgeries performed including special laparoscopic instruments with high definition laparoscope for advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery
TUESDAY AND FRIDAY
Dr. JIBU EAPEN MATHEW
MONDAY AND THURSDAY
Dr. BINTO MATHEW
WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY
Emergency Surgery and Trauma 24 hrs 7 x 365
The general and minimal access surgery department works in close collaboration with all the other department to provide comprehensive patient care.
MBBS from CMC Vellore (Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University) in 1978
MS(general surgery) from CMC Vellore (Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University) in 1984
Diploma in advanced laparoscopic surgery ( ALS)
FMAS – fellow of association of minimal access surgeons of India
FIAGES – Indian Association of Gastroinstestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
M.B.A. in Hospital Management from Annamalai University
30 years of experience in the field of general surgery including 20 years experience in laparoscopic surgeon in CMC Vellore and Caritas Hospital
Areas of Interest
Parotid and breast surgery
Hernia and piles surgery
Laparoscopic and abdominal surgery
|Monday||11.30 AM to 2.00 PM||———-|
|Wednesday||11.30 AM to 2.00.PM||———-|
|Thursday||11.30 AM to 2.00 PM||———-|
|Saturday||11.30 AM to 2.00 PM||———-|
MBBS from Medical College Kottayam (MG University) in 2003
MS (General Surgery) from Medical College in 2008
FMAS Fellow in Minimal Access Surgery 2012 Awarded by AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)
Six months of experience as Lecturer in Department of Surgery in Government Medical College Calicut
Nine months experience as Consultant Surgeon in Kerala State Health Services
Three years experience as Consultant General & Laparascopic Surgeon in Caritas Hospital
Performing all elective & emergency general and Gastrointestinal Surgeries with special interest in advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric Surgeries. Currently also in charge of Caritas Obesity clinic & Bariatric program.
|Tuesday||11 AM to 2 PM||———-|
|Wednesday||11 AM to 2 PM||———-|
|Friday||11 AM to 2 PM||———-|
|Saturday||11 AM to 2 PM||———-|
OBESITY CLINIC : Tuesday 2.00 PM Onwards
MBBS from Pariyaram Medical College ( Kannur University) in 2004
MS-General Surgery from Tanjore Medical College (Dr. MGR Medical University) in 2011
Three Gold Medals & Merit Certificate from Dr. MGR Medical University
Two years experience in General & Laparoscopic Surgeries
Travelling Fellowship Award by ASI (Association of Surgeons of India) Tamilnadu in 2011
|Monday||11 AM to 1 PM||———-|
|Tuesday||11 AM to 1 PM||———-|
|Thursday||11 AM to 1 PM||———-|
|Friday||11 AM to 1 PM||———-|